When Electronic Merchant Systems acquired the restaurant point of sale software Total Touch POS, it strengthened EMS's ability to serve the table and counter service segments of the hospitality industry.
In the crowded hospitality industry, it’s challenging for a company with a strong regional focus to earn a position as the preferred choice in a national market.
Electronic Merchant Systems challenged Aespire to relaunch the Total Touch brand to recruit resellers and support their goal of 500 new installations to increase market share. Our initial recommendation for the rebranding was to follow a plan that included:
- Clear messaging that focused on the needs of the customer,
- A new visual identity, and
- A StoryBrand website design that makes customers and dealers the focus of their brand story.
Building a Brand from the Inside Out
Beginning with brand positioning and strategy sessions, Aespire guided the Total Touch executive team through a 7-part framework to develop brand messaging. Using the proven messaging framework, StoryBrand, the team successfully clarified:
- Who customers are and what problems customers and dealers want to be solved;
- How Total Touch Point of Sale guides end users and dealers (resellers) to achieve their distinctively different goals; and
- Cast a vision for the success end users and dealers experience if they buy the software or sign up.
To develop the new logo, Aespire relied on direction gathered from initial research and input into our Brand Clarity strategy, exploring options for symbols, typography, and color. Total Touch selected a new logo that represents the absolute control bar and restaurant owners will experience when they use the easy-to-use software. The subtle lift of the green arrow represents the proven forward and positive growth Total Touch delivers and allows this logo to stand out from competitors.
Growth and Results
Aespire equipped the business development team with a comprehensive Brand GuideBook and marketing components that empower Total Touch to:
- Take the show on the road: Total Touch is averaging one restaurant and hospitality trade show per month, with a custom trade show display
- Enhance social media with messaging elements from the Brand GuideBook (Follow Total touch here »)
- Have a unified elevator pitch, one-liner, and shared marketing phrases so every on the team is speaking with one voice
- Have the components and standards upon which to build the visual aspects of the brand identity
- A series of recruiting and marketing pieces that align content with the Brand Messaging framework.
The new Total Touch StoryBrand website design engages visitors and serves both dealers and customers with:
- Click to call features
- Logic-driven forms for support, dealer inquiries, and customer engagement
- Customized user experiences for desktop, tablet, and mobile visitors
- Conversion-focused elements that align with the best practices in brand messaging, visitor experience, and content expertise.
Experience the brand in action at https://totaltouchpos.com