Sheffield Village, Ohio, is the first community to launch on Aespire’s new CitizenFirst digital platform, featuring an easy-to-use content management system and other features purpose-built for civic brands.
Mayor John Hunter and the Sheffield Village Council realized their website didn’t reflect the community’s positive growth, forward-thinking brand, and tremendous opportunity that Sheffield Village offers for economic development in Northeast Ohio.
”As the Mayor of Sheffield Village, Ohio, I wanted our website to reflect the civic pride our residents and businesses have in our village. Our community had grown, but our website hadn’t. It was old and lacked the functionality, responsiveness, security, and ADA compliance we needed. It was no longer an effective tool to adequately communicate to our residents, businesses, or visitors. Our office didn’t have the internal expertise or capacity to develop the website ourselves so we turned to Aespire for help. They delivered!” — Mayor John D. Hunter
Limited by the inability to manage and update the website in real time, a lack of website accessibility to residents and site visitors, and a website that was over a decade old, Sheffield Village knew it needed to make a change so it can continue to grow.
That’s why SheffieldVillage.com is the first StoryBrand community and civic website design to launch on the Aespire CitizenFirst Digital platform.
The CitizenFirst Digital platform is purpose-built for the needs of any size community, by an agency with decades of community brand-building and economic development expertise.
Now the administration is equipped with a website that empowers designated staff members to:
- Manage and update content from a web browser with user-friendly editing tools,
- Maintain archival records so Sheffield Village stays in compliance with State code,
- Reduce barriers for website visitors and ADA compliance issues,
- Provide residents and the business community with the information they need,
- Increase trust, credibility, and opportunities for economic development, and
- Share the story of why Sheffield Village is a preferred place to live, work, play, and do business.
“Aespire turned our old, outdated website into a fabulous story and brand of what Sheffield Village living is all about! They met with few members of Council and the Mayor to find out what story we wanted to share about our Village. They listened, shared their ideas, and then they made it our own. We were extremely pleased with the final result. I would highly recommend them to anyone who needs to have their story told, and increase brand awareness! — Carolyn White, Council Member
Creating a Clear Message that Positions a Community for Growth
Like so many communities, Sheffield Village realized they don’t have the resources, capacity, or expertise to develop a secure and reliable website that supports the goals of the administration, promotes transparency, meets state and federal requirements, supports economic development, and serves the community.
“Aespire guided us through the development process, asking us what we wanted and needed from a new site. Aespire not only created an attractive design, they even crafted the website messaging to clarify our communications. They kept my administration appraised of the progress every step of the way so we could keep council informed. Once the site was completed, Aespire continued to provide my office with the assistance we needed. Aespire provided training, demonstrating the intuitive, easy-to-use site editing features so my staff can edit content, upload files, and even change photos for their department.” — Mayor John D. Hunter
Aespire guided the leadership team using the proven business storytelling model, StoryBrand, to develop a brand narrative that captures:
- Who their visitors are is and what they want;
- Clearly-defined problems people want solved;
- Why Sheffield Village is the preferred place to work, play, live, and do business in Lorain County; and
- What people’s lives will be like after they moving to or visiting Sheffield Village.
The ROI of the CitizenFirst digital Platform
Analytics are a welcome addition to proving the return on investment for Sheffield Village:
- The former site was not mobile-friendly. Now, the analytics reveal an astonishing 32% of visitors are mobile users, meaning more people than ever are able to access the website.
- The average session duration is over 2 minutes.
- A lower-than-average 42% bounce rate reveals that visitors are finding the information they are looking for.
It’s clear that visitors are engaged with the site now that Sheffield Village is equipped with analytics and monthly reporting.
“Now, our website, sheffieldvillage.com, properly promotes our family-focused and business-friendly community in the heart of Lorain county. Thanks to the work Aespire did, we now have a secure and reliable website that supports the goals of the administration, promotes transparency, meets the legislative and municipal code requirements, and serves our residents and the community.” — Mayor John D. Hunter
Experience the results of a StoryBrand website redeisgn at https://sheffieldvillage.com